Friday, October 12, 2012

I am

Written after listening to Jon Sands' "Am". 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-kzbXsLwr8&feature=related

I am on my way
I am haven't yet arrived and the in the in-between
I am that bliss you find in a mountain rainstorm
in a solitary blade of grass and
the relief you find in that luscious drink of water
out of that cut-in-two cola bottle
ripe with the sweat of your generous neighbor and
sweet with the taste of use after use after use.
I am discomfort
I am the time before you finally decide to let go, and jump
I am that feeling of nauseous anticipation
I am squashing indecision
I am (finally) forgiving myself
I am the dreamer that weaves hammocks all night long as you rest
I am the chocolate of indulgence and the rib of change
I am the mountains beyond mountains
I am the promise in a mother's voice
I am arrector pili muscles of your arm hair
I am five extra cordoba
and an origami street gift
I am a child's honest grin
I am dirt under fingernails
I am the furl of determination
and the magic of murmuration
I am untapped potential
a lotus flower not yet bloomed
I am one thousand Tibetan monks
I am the first breath of forgiveness
I am the OM that vibrates your body
I am lovers mouth at your neck
I am just press send
I am single most important reason
I am dancing with my eyes closed
I am a chemist on the brink of discovery
I am the corner at the edge of your seat
I am the fullness of exhaustion
I am bloody fingers and scraped knees
I am chapped lips meant for kissing
I am the quivering in the loins of truth
I am undeniable
forever unworthy
I am the thumbing of blank pages
I am your heart in your throat
before you say
what you never thought you could share
I am the match lit in the listener
I am the make sense
and the dew on the tent of this morning
I am now.

1 comment: