Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Thief

Her name is Rahma,
Arabic for Mercy.
She is a witty, irresistible
eight year old prankster,
and a beautiful little thief.
One day, she tricked me
when she asked me
if she could tell me
a little secret.
And I, without a hint,
leaned over a little
to lend her my ear.
But the little thief
instead tricked me
by planting a light feathered
almost imagined kiss
on my cheek
before running off
skipping and laughing
as free as an autumn leaf,
leaving me totally baffled
and at loss for words.
Rahma had no mercy on me!
Along with the kiss
she stole my heart,
the little kiss thief!!

5 comments:

  1. Please make a podcast of this, and the others you shared tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this Fatima! It is absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need a recording of you reading this, so precious!

    ReplyDelete