Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sucess At Last

In a previous post I talked about how I like to, unlike the average college kid, go back home to good ole De Soto on the weekends. I talked about how my favorite thing to do was go hunting but I was running short on time because of the wrestling season that was fast approaching.

So anyways, this past weekend I decided to try one last time before my first wrestling tournament. I went to my Dads on saturday night and planned to hunt on Sunday morning. So we did the usualy routine, such as waking up early and drinking cofee together before we had to start getting ready, but this time we decide to go to a different spot to hunt. We came to the conclusion that we would hunt together in a two man stand... yada yada yada. I dont need to explain every detail. Long story short, I got my first kill with a bow. I had shot and killed an eight pointer with my Dad right next to my side!

There are two morals of this story.

Sucess. It what motivates people. I was so motivated to get one deer I would drive an hour away on weekends just to try. But what did it take to be sucessful? Time and effort. If I look back, I tell myself I deserved to get that deer because of the time I put into trying. I know that it was just a deer but it was way more than that to me. It was sucess. I just want to say, if you are feeling unmotivated and unsuccessful just to never give up. I was starting to lose hope, but eventually sucess will find its way to you. Be positive.

Another moral of this story is to never take a moment for granted. In that moment when I killed my deer I was so happy, but not as happy as my Dad. He was smiling from ear to ear, and shaking out of his boots with joy. When we got back to the house my dad had said something that made my dad 100 times better. He said that he wouldnt trade that moment we had today for a million dollars and that it was moments like that that he looked forward to in life. When he said it, it hit me hard. One of the best feelings to me is when your parents are so proud of you. But he was right. Dont take any moment for granted, and enjoy them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment