Friday, April 17, 2015

the coming and the going

okay - so there were four
and then three until one wintry morning
I awoke to two -
now there is one
one so far away that essentially
I stand alone
which is not entirely true
I FEEL that I stand alone
I have friends that I have not contacted
shuttered in my home while
time has rolled over like an autumn wind.

nothing is static
what I loved and longed for
has drifted like a river current
further and further from the muddy bank
where I stand, arms lifted, heart open.

why had I not thought to mourn this?
How did I not realize the effect of this loss?
a loss of closeness and what was to me,
a deep caring and joyous being together.

I will always miss them
we have our lives spread out before us
the focus shifts and something new appears -
appreciate this and leave off grasping
for what was

the endless flow, the coming and the going
continues, new paths open
while old ones become overgrown with
sweet greet grasses
we breathe, we are alive
love is forever

No comments:

Post a Comment