Thursday, November 8, 2012

this blue tattered notebook


Funny thing words on paper. Words strung together by me and accumulated in one spot, one space. They make an indent on each page and leave smudges on my hand where my pinkie and palm have glazed over the newly formed words almost like sealing them to the paper- sticking them there so they won’t fall off. I love flipping through notebooks in which I have written, especially full ones. To feel the words on the pages, to hear the extra crinkle that only comes with the fullness of pen touching paper. I can’t wait until this notebook is full. It will be better than anything my hands have graced and turned and glided over. It will be better because I will know it is mine. I cannot help but flip through the pages and pages filled with my thoughts, my musings, my infatuations, my self-centeredness, myself. It’s like brail to my blind heart. My fingers read the emotion behind each page without ever recognizing or acknowledging a single word.

No comments:

Post a Comment