Monday, April 2, 2012

Last Saturday, I submitted four essays to be considered for a writing fellowship in the next year at the Kerouac House in Orlando, Florida. I will be posting each. Please let me know what you think.

1. "A Conversation in Madison, WI"
2. "Boo On Cigarettes"
3. "Courage"
4. "Charles Manson, My Grandma and the Good Book"


In addition to the essays I had to include a summary of what I would like to work on while in Orlando . . .

"If selected for the Kerouac House, I would like to work on a piece that I have been conceptualizing quite sometime. Though I have yet to take the dedicated time to build it into something larger. I would like to write loosely connected pieces on all the important people, places, and experiences of the past 7 years, in particular. I would like to write about the faces, places, experiences and even pets that have affected me over these years. I would like to keep the central focus around the development of my self, as particular poignant images and memories stand out as creating my present reality."



-Al

1 comment:

  1. I think they are wonderful - great flow so that you feel yourself moving through the story in sync
    with the spirit of the author. I particularly liked Boo on Cigarettes and Charles . . . and the Good Book - hope you get the fellowship

    ReplyDelete