Thursday, April 19, 2012

Biggest acheivements...

Kissing the wind, worshiping the sunshine as it streams through the pine forest sticky, heavy with the scent of dropped needles. Being open, my heart continues to beat in my chest and I'm aware of the magnitude, the potential, the mystery. Achievement numero uno buscando Rief. Falling into destiny. Standing on my head. No fear. Flowing like water, hungering for connection and learning day by day how to be. Be authentic. Be true. Don't be phony. Fighting the jaded-ness, fighting for happiness. Celebrating, being free. Wanting what I have. Being grateful. Trying to be a good daughter, working/pushing/pulling figuring out how to communicate be a part of my sisters' life. Drawing hearts in the sand. Achievement implies hard work, arriving at the destination. I strive to journey. just that. Learn to become. Achieve utter unachievement. What career? What responsibility? What cynicism/displeasure/grown-up-ness? I have, up to this point, achieved NOT being a real person. I've traveled Central America, fallen in love, watched someone take their last breath. I've listened, really listened. I haven't listened, haven't cared much of late-that's no achievement if you ask me, I'm the only one here asking. I've swam all day. Climbed white rocks glistening in the moonlight and become one with my inner child. I've ridden miles and miles across the greenery, head lagging against the window, never quite comfortable, the metal bar digging into my forehead, dale dale dale! I have achieved the perfect nap on the back patio, the old orange comforter draped up to my sternum, sun peaking through clouds a cool breeze ticking the tip of my nose, my ears, my lips. No tension, loosey goosey. I have laughed. That's an achievement to throw one's head back int he face of exams, presentations, shitty hours no sleep, throw it back amidst convulsions of laughter racking the ribs, the diaphragm. Letting go=achievement.

3 comments:

  1. this is inspirational that kissing the wind is one of your (and the first) BIG achievement. Causes me to re-think playing in the dirt and re-planting native plants into our backyard is BIG...hugging grandchildren when they are naughty, cleaning up when I didn't create the mess - savoring these amazing spring days of cool mornings and frogs singing in the night - all listening, deep listening is a big achievement. To be present here and now in the midst of chaos. Thank you. YOU are a big achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful word pictures! thank you

    ReplyDelete