Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to the blog!

I have designed a preliminary blog, with a background of books and a red template. If this looks unappealing, there are several options for changing it, so please comment and let me know!

I will be giving a brief overview on how to post, comment, add pictures and links, and how to share the blog sometime during class, hopefully this week if there is time. The blog is a place to share the writing that we do in and out of class, as well as post interesting articles, pictures, poems, etc. that we would like to share with everyone. We may have themed weeks (it's up to Dr. Chmiel) where we could post just interesting pictures, or perhaps share a personal story on a topic.

The blog is really all about how you use it - there are no formal rules, it's yours to create and shape! I'm really looking forward to having this!

Regards,
Priya

4 comments:

  1. Priya - good morning
    I cannot see how to post on this site.

    What do I need to do?

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      If you have accepted the request to be an author on the blog, then when you go to the blog, there will be a blue bar at the top of the blog. To the very top right of it, there should be a link saying "New Post". If you click it, you should be able to post.

      To accept the blog invitation to be an author, check your e-mail account - I sent out an invite from Blogger using the e-mail addresses on Mark's mass e-mail. There should be a link you can click to join the blog. I would also check your Spam in case the invite went there.

      If there is not a blue bar at the top, it means that you haven't yet created an account for Blogger, which means having a Gmail account.

      Please let me know if there is still something going wrong! I will check to see what the problem is.

      Delete
    2. once again I am unable to post The blue bar is there but no NewPost notation.
      I attempted to 'redo; the invitation but it said it had been used and could not be used again. I apologize for the trouble but do not know how to figure this out!

      carol

      Delete
    3. Hi Carol!

      I would try logging into your Gmail account first, and then when you come back to the blog, it should have a blue bar on top. Then, you might have to sign into Blogger and there should be a link saying "Sign in" on the blue bar. If that still doesn't work, please let me know!

      Delete