Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Next Time I Go to Latin America It Will Be To...

Practice. Practice the art of being a place that makes my spirit feel at ease. Practice patience within myself, with slowing down the pace. Practice getting grounded, smelling the smells-the exhaust and the floras. To drink in the greeness, the rolling landscape & stars. More stars than seem possible, sitting on that hill in El Sitio & gazing upward. In good company & full of love, my life sprawling out before so much possibility...& now I choose to loosen my grip on the past. Practice.

Next time I will be an MD. Dr. Amy my family will squint their eyes, act strange for approximately 15 minutes until they place my face...a flicker or remembrance or so I can hope...I would put money on Bilma. God I wonder if she ever went to nursing school, if Chepe still wears that bandana & a charming smile. I will practice my skill, clinica Ana Manganaro & see patients. Maybe feel a place there again. I will practice walking humbly. Practice breathing every moment of awareness, slow down now you crazy loon.

Next time I will practice riding the bus with even greater authenticity-being so alone & unknown yet so content. It wasn't just the novelty...

No comments:

Post a Comment