Monday, March 26, 2012

In Love in Poetry

I'm in love with poetry
And it loves me back
Completely

It brings me to tears
Tears me apart
Then lifts my spirits
So magically

To distant shores
To foreign lands
Through storms and all
It carries me

All the wide emotions
It arouses in me
And without fail
It so touches me

It stirs new feelings
And awakens others
Long forgotten
A distant memory

It makes my lips smile,
Tremble or pout
Then kisses them
Tenderly

It whispers words
That make me blush
And send my heart
Into a frenzy

It fills me with warmth
And soothes me
It reads me, hears me
Feels me, hugs me

Its words move me,
Thrill me, please me
Tease me, play me
Free and release me

Words that love
And cradle me
Until I fall asleep...
Peacefully


1 comment:

  1. Rumi wants to have tea with you! What's even better than your poem: Hearing you read it to us!

    ReplyDelete