Saturday, December 5, 2015

Staying Focused and Calm

Such is easier said than done... But during the final week of the semester it is imperative to stay focused and de-stressed!

There are a number of ways to to accomplish this. Recently, my design professor introduced our class to a time management method called the "pomodoro technique" - named after the tomato shaped kitchen timer. The idea behind the method is that periodic breaks can stabilize and improve mental agility. Personally, this method is helpful to me as it allows me to focus because I know I will soon have a break. Balancing your time, staying focused and distressing are vital to ending the semester successfully!

Small, quick activities are beneficial to taking your mind off of demanding final projects. To help myself unwind, I like to paint my nails, talk to a friend (either down the phone or down the hall), or sing to my favorite songs. To help me chill out, I also like to clean. When my environment is clean, I feel like my head is clear. Organizing my surroundings helps me mentally organize my mental thoughts.

Because we all de-stress in different ways, I've complied some helpful calming methods. Above all, deep breathing is considered essential to relaxation. Breathing deeply calms the body and mind - relaxing both are equally important. The practice instantly elevates your mood as well. Simply draw air from your nose and exhale through your mouth. Practicing simple meditation, yoga or stretching relaxes your muscles aids in relaxing. Taking a quick jog or walk is helpful as well. After relaxing it is easier recollect, and recognize needed to be done and how to go about accomplishing such. If you're in need of a boost - eat a small light snack like nuts, a banana, popcorn! Fix yourself a cup of tea or coffee! Light an incense or candle to awaken your senses (this may not be acceptable if you're in a dorm room)! Likewise, listening to music is a great de-stressor. There are thousands of relaxing, classical, and mellow music playlists. Singing along to a few of your favorites tunes is an instant mood booster! If you enjoy comedic relief, watch a viral video on youtube for a laugh!

Maryville University is aware of our stresses and several events will be held on campus this week. On Monday the 7th, there will be a Serenity Relaxation Station from 10 AM until 4 PM in the DUC. The event is equipped with massage chairs, calm music, and soothing scents! Later that night in the Functional Exercise Room there will be zumba from 6:30-7:30 PM and yoga from 7:30-8:30 PM.
On Tuesday the 8th, there will be puppies on campus from 10 AM - 1 PM!! Cram Jam will be held later that night from 9 PM in the dining hall. There will be snacks available and chances to win free prizes, On the 9th, zumba and yoga will be held again at the same place and time. Furthermore, from December 4th until the 11th, there will be free food for finals located in the Hutting Chapel!

My friends, I hope this post encourages you to stay focused and calm during this tough week! Good luck to you all!

2 comments:

  1. I also try to split up my studying routines. I don’t like to study for long periods of time. I don’t feel like I retain much if I just and study for a long period of time. I memorize things a lot better if I study for and hour or so and then take a break for a few minutes. It also helps me to focus when my room is cleaned and organized. I don’t know why this makes it difference, but for some reason it does. I’m also glad Maryville is aware that finals week is a very stressful time for many, and they trying to help ease the high amounts of stress many students have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The initial step is actually determining the actual dimension you would like, because rolex replica sale the actual Navitimer within 42mm, 43mm, 46mm, as well as 48mm broad instances. Through presently replica watches sale there, you have to determine regardless of whether you would like a good in-house created motion, or even do not thoughts the replica watches uk found Switzerland ETA motion, as well as exactly what dial fake rolex sale in addition to situation materials you are searching for. Presently there rolex replica uk additionally is surely a instead wide selection associated with costs which i think begin from close to $6, 500 for that hublot replica sale Navitimer Globe within metal, not to mention rises through presently there in order to regarding $60, 000 for that Navitimer QP within 18k precious metal on the straps.

    ReplyDelete