Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Affirmations

I find it a little bit unfair that we had to choose just one person to talk about that has inspired us this semester. I understand that specifics are good, but everyone has inspired me in different ways. I also know that had it not been for us being in this University Seminar together, I probably never would have talked to any of you. We are just all going down such different career paths that we probably wouldn't have even known each other. So I’m glad we do!
All of us clearly have things that we stand for, and those things have shown through multiple times throughout the semester. The fact that we were all able to talk with each other freely and openly disagree with things in our discussion-based class is inspiring to me. It is also inspiring to see what fires everyone up and the things that everyone is passionate about. 
One of my favorite class periods was the entry about everyone’s gifts and talents that we later shared with the class. It is important to recognize what we are good at and it gave everyone, or at least me, insight into who you all are as people. 
I hope that everyone feels that they can take away something from this class and getting to know everyone a little better, because I feel that I definitely have. 
We learned this semester that disagreeing with something is okay and that the things that make you mad should make you want to do something to change it, and talking with some of you about what you did your projects over and hearing about what y'all care about is inspiring to me. 
You all  have inspired me in one way or another with something you have shared either from your notebook or with the whole class. 
I hope we are all able to stay in touch and share the things that matter to us with each other, and I hope we keep taking stands for the things that matter to us. 

Thank y'all for a great semester! 

P.S. sorry this is really cheesy

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with this post any more. I had such a difficult time choosing just one person, and I still have not been able to narrow my decision down from three people. There are just so many fantastic, intelligent, open minded individuals in our class that it feels wrong to talk about just one. I feel like this class was a great way for a diverse group of people like us to really get to know one an others opinions and learn from their experiences. We really got lucky to have such a great group (even if we lost a few along the way).

    ReplyDelete