Thursday, May 24, 2012

Some Poems


I.
Old people,
Many of them anyway,
Will just look at you
Really stare at you
Somehow feeling no obligation
To say a word.
II.
Young people,
Appear fascinating
His skin will not be so smooth
For so long
So I’m getting a good look now.


Call Me By My Name
Call me by a different name
Call me circle
Call me tongue
Call me mountain summit
Most importantly,
Call me.
And take in
my everything
Take me in
Till my name
is the only word you’d use to describe me



Cleaning Up Poop
I only use paper towels
When someone has pooped
On the floor.
No other material makes sense.
I tear off sheet after sheet.
Otherwise I use a cloth,
A sponge, a duster, my hand, what have you,
a rag.
I try to avoid adding to the trash heap
But sometimes, where I live,
Someone poops on the floor
And I don’t know
An alternative.

2 comments:

  1. Justin, these are so wonderful. Thank you for sharing...I actually read these a few days ago, and yours words kept cropping up in my mind at very apt moments. I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh justin, i'm just getting to this now but what a treasure your poop poem! gratsi

    ReplyDelete