Thursday, May 31, 2012

My couscous says I love you

My couscous says I love you

Every recipe I sought 
Every meal I concocted    
Every dessert I baked 
Says : My friend, I love you!        
For every event I’ve missed
For all the emails I've neglected
For all the times I was too busy to write 
And the few times I was too lazy to go out
This dish is to say : My friend, I love you!

If my couscous could sing for you                                                                                                                   
And my curry chicken entertain you 
Every grain would serenade you                                                                                                         
And every bite would delight you  
Just to say: My friend, I love you!

For all the feelings I struggle to express
And the missed opportunities I dearly regret   
And in gratitude for unexpected friendships                                                                                             
And for all of life’s sweet surprise gifts    
Know when I’m cooking I’m loving you!
Didn't you hear the hummus and falafel
The sweet treats and crème caramel    
The pies, the soups, the homemade bread?                                                                                                     
Everything I do cook, bake and create 
Is here to say: My friend, I so love you!




1 comment: