Thursday, May 31, 2012

Igualmente or basic Spanish

For Marty and Jerry

I didn't have mi cuaderno
That afternoon at BreadCo.
Luckily I found in mi mochila
Un papel para escribir un poema

Later on with nuestros amigos
Sharing food y anécdotas
Gracias a la vida y a Dios
I couldn't be more contenta

With our amazing hosts Marty and Jerry
We gathered in su sala elegante
I couldn't help but be a little triste
That we're saying adiós esa tarde

By the fireplace de mármol verde
I read mi poema lentamente
It said I love you mi amigo
And someone said igualmente

Muchas gracias said los amigos
Their warm smiles such regalos
It was a silly poem about la comida
Good friends y buena compañía

To the Kings, gracias said los amigos
As I finished mi poema lentamente
It said I love you mi amigo
And someone said igualmente



1 comment: