Thursday, May 24, 2012

At My Wake, Someone Will Hear Someone Else Say...

"He was always telling me to share my writing..."

"You, too?  He said that to me, like... weekly!"

"Weekly?  He'd badger me  daily for a fortnight until I gave up."

"He was relentless."

"Verdad. Yep, he could be a pain, but when I think about it now, he was on to something."

"How many times did he quote someone the scripture, 'Don't put your light under a bushel basket'?"

Seven people within a earshot raise their hands...

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to think about your wake. I want to treasure your beauty today and to take courage to share my own writing too because you say it is beautiful. I don't want to think about you dying. I want to imagine us all writing, sharing and building a different world reflecting one another in a mirror of beauty.

    ReplyDelete