Wednesday, December 26, 2012


Dear Mom, Dad, Advisors, Essay Readers, and Society in general,

I do not like questions that only carry expectations for answers.
Answers that I do not know.
Answers that I do not want to know.
Answers that are only replaced with more questions.
Which is fine…
Until you demand more answers.
Questions that only solicit answers that can be given in the time to scarf down food at Christmas dinner.
Or answers that can be given in 500 words or less.
Or answers that can be summed up in a 2 page Doctor’s report.

I do not mind your questions
Until you assume I have an answer (your answer)
Don’t tell me I’m wrong or making a mistake
Don’t role your eyes or expect me to have it all together.

I like questions that carry the expectation of nothing more than a few works scribbled on a notebook in pen
I like questions that tell me to listen
To the voice inside my head
the voice telling me to keep going
it will out work itself out in the end




No comments:

Post a Comment