Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Just Thoughts

Within these past couple of weekends I have been going back to my home town, about an hour south from Maryville, to see my family. Although I do love college, I have came to realize that I love living in a small town more than I do up here in the city. I also miss my family more than I expected. 

I have been trying to go back home as much as possible before wrestling season starts because I know that my schedule will be packed when it arrives here. When I go back home for the weekends I get a sense of relief and happiness. I get to see my parents and my mentally handicap sister, who I love unconditionally. 

What I enjoy doing the most on weekends is bow hunting. I have gone every time I go back home. Last weekend, as i was getting out of my stand to had back to he house, I spooked two deer. I was extremely aggravated that I ha done it, but I also accepted the fact that it is what it is. 

During evenings I like to watch movies with my Mom and Step-Dad. It brought back all sorts of memories. From my whole family squirming into the living room while eating popcorn and ice cream just to watch Disney Channel's original movies on Friday nights. These were some of the happiest times, so going back home I get to kind of "re-live" these moments.

This coming weekend may be my last weeknd home for a while, as season is starting today. So Im going to try and make the most of it and I am aslo very excited that my brother will be home this weekend as well, as he and my other siblings are at Mizzou this year. 

I also miss my siblings a lot, although I thought I would never say that. They just make life more interesting and enjoyable. It seems like when I am around them I always have someone to do something with, someone to talk to, or even just someone in the same room as me makes me feel more myself. I guess some might say I have a little bit of loneliness in me, but not much. I think i just really miss them. I cant wait for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year because we will all be reunited and these hollidays are typicall the ones we all enjoy. 


2 comments:

  1. Considering the fact that I live probably 15 minutes away from you (we’re from the same town basically if you all didn’t know that), I definitely understand where you’re coming from. I love Maryville and everything it has to offer. I love my team and my classes and all of the amazing people I have met up here thus far. I couldn’t wait to leave home and come up here (I love my family to death, but have always been independent and wanted to live on my own). Now, as I’m sitting here alone in my apartment, I reflect on all of the little things I miss about home, just as you stated in this post. It’s weird, the little things you just considered routine have become favorable memories for you. (Ditto). I miss my small town, but am happy with where I am right now. It’s always good to go away because it reminds you how much you have to be thankful for. It sucks sometimes, but you’re growing and maturing into the person who you’re supposed to be and I’m sure your family is proud of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post and I am currently feeling the same way. I come from a very very small town of around 300 people. My town is extremely close because everyone knows everyone. There is no stranger. I live on a farm where we raise cows, pigs, and chickens. We also have a few miniature donkeys. Since my mom is from St. Louis I have been around the area a lot growing up to visit my grandma and family. However, living in the city has been a huge change for me. One main issue for me is I feel very uncomfortable driving here. The atmosphere all together is different from my small town of Loose Creek. I definitely miss my family and town. When I do get to go home I instantly feel warm. There really is no greater feeling than spending time with your family after weeks of not seeing them. Despite missing them, I am glad I moved away from home to get the full college experience. It is definitely about growing as a person and experiencing new things every day.

    ReplyDelete