Sunday, November 3, 2013

NOT written by me - though I should wish to be this universal in thought -

"Why should I wish to see God better than this day?
I see something of God each hour of the twenty-four,
and each moment then,
In the faces of men and women I see God
and in my own face in the glass,
I find letters dropped in the street, and everyone is
signed by God's name,
And I leave them where they are, for I know that
wheresoe'er I go
Others will punctually come forever and forever."

                                                   Walt Whitman



speaking to my love of glass

the glass and the water are one
and with the light and sun they are one
and I love the glass uncut and the water undammed singing over
the rocks and pebbles of the stream
the deep flow of the river and force of the ocean surge
and I put the glass away,
loathe to cut it, to destroy its elemental beauty for the sake of some poor
design some haggling client ( or even myself) craves.

glorious reflections of the sun
the glass and water flowing with the rising and falling light

carol

No comments:

Post a Comment